Foot and Ankle Service Section Chief (ACADEMIC POSITION)
Roger Mann, MD Endowed Chair in Foot and Ankle Surgery
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANFRANCISCO
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
UCSF School of Medicine and Benioff Children's Hospitals
The UCSF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery seeks an outstanding leader in Orthopaedic Foot/Ankle Service to serve as Section Chief.
In partnership with the Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery, the Section Chief will have the following roles and responsibilities:
1) Oversee academic and operational activities within the Foot and Ankle Section.
2) Manage day-to-day activities of the section, mentor faculty, promote research and coordinate educational programs.
3) Work with the Chair to direct the vision and manage the clinical expansion of the foot and ankle service.
4) Work collaboratively with medical leadership across all divisions at in Orthopaedic Surgery.
5) Work with departmental leadership to manage the Section's budget, faculty recruitment and evaluation.
As an Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon, candidate will provide diagnostic and interventional management with the full spectrum of musculoskeletal diagnoses. The selected candidate will be appointed to the Assistant/Associate/Full Professor rank of the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical, Clinical X, or In-Residence faculty series.
The selected candidate will be expected to collaborate in investigative work that leads to publications in peer-reviewed journals and participate in both didactic and bedside teaching and mentoring activities for our medical students, residents, and fellows. The position will be based primarily at UCSF Health and its satellite clinics with potentially additional time at the San Francisco VA Health Care System.
All of the requirements must be met by the time of hire.
- A valid California medical license will be required as a condition of employment
- MD or DO degree from an accredited program
- Completed an accredited Orthopaedic Residency program
- Completed a Foot/Ankle Fellowship
- Board certification/eligibility in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Applicants' materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Applicants must apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04488 with a Cover Letter, CV, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Statement of Research, Statement of Teaching, and the names, titles, and e-mail addresses of three peer references who we may contact directly.
The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and step at appointment. See Table 5: The minimum base salary range for this position is $135,700 - $360,600. This position includes membership in the health sciences compensation plan which provides for eligibility for additional compensation.