Location: United States,
The Clinical Rheumatologist plays a primary role in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. The rheumatologist's duties include completing the medical histories of patients, performing medical tests, and creating customized treatment plans.
* Creates treatment modalities based on scientific research
* Treats arthritis, autoimmune diseases, pain disorders affecting joints, and osteoporosis
* Treats over 200 other types of diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, gout, back pain, tendinitis, and osteoporosis
* Treats soft tissue problems related to musculoskeletal systems and sports related soft tissue disorders
* Diagnosing diseases of the joints
* Studies signs and symptoms of rheumatic disease and evaluates it effect on their system
* Designs customized and individualized treatments, depending on a patient's disease
* Studies and gauges the results of a patient's lab tests
* Uses technologies and tools like radiographs, MRIs, and ultrasound
* Engages in Inova's Misson for Clinical Excellence
* Participates in activities which measure standards/metrics. Collaborates on metrics which drive outcomes in quality, safety and experience
* Engages with Medicine Service Line nursing, administrators, medical teams and other key stakeholders across the system to build and actuate care models that will achieve a seamless system of care, reducing variation across the system.
* Practices in a style that encompasses and demonstrates the Inova Values.
* Contribute to the development of the Service Line through the definition and development of clinical capabilities and involvement with strategic decision making
* Adheres to the criteria and qualifications to be a member of the Rheumatology Section, promoting active engagement of all team members, including employed and independent physicians
* Inova employee or highly aligned independent partner
* MD, DO or other pertinent professional degree; license to practice in Virginia
* Fellowship trained, where appropriate
* Current board certification
* Distinguished record of clinical care, reputation and leadership
* Clinically active