Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1256722
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai. With a team focused on effective pain management and quick recovery, Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as the No. 1 hospital in Southern California for Orthopaedics by U.S. News & World Report. Join Cedars-Sinai and become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements!
The Clinical Research Associate I works directly with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator, or Research Nurse to coordinate and/or implement the study. Evaluates and abstracts research data and ensures compliance with protocol and research objectives. Responsible for completing case report forms, entering clinical research data, and assist with regulatory submissions to the IRB. Provides limited patient contact as needed for study and assist with study budget and patient research billing. Ensures compliance with all federal, local, FDA, IRB, and HIPAA guidelines and regulations pertaining to the study and patient care.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator or Research Nurse to coordinate/implement study.
• Evaluates and abstracts clinical research data from source documents.
• Ensures compliance with protocol and overall clinical research objectives.
• Completes Case Report Forms (CRFs).
• Enters clinical research data into Electronic Data Systems (EDCs) that are provided by the sponsors.
• Provides supervised patient contact or patient contact for long term follow-up patients only.
• Assists with regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) including submission of Adverse Events, Serious
Adverse Events, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
• Assists with clinical trial budgets.
• Assists with patient research billing.
• Schedules patients for research visits and research procedures.
• Responsible for sample preparation and shipping and maintenance of study supplies and kits.
• Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
• Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
• Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
• Participates in required training and education programs.
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree required
Understanding of general clinical research objectives. Clinical research experience, preferred
Able to perform moderate listing. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions. Working Title:
Clinical Research Associate I Foot & AnkleDepartment:
Dept of OrthopaedicsBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
Research Studies/Clinical TrialsPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$18.00 - $29.87