Sports Medicine Program, Division of Orthopaedics, Children’s Orthopaedic Center, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Provides clinical services for the Sports Medicine Program through direct patient care. Works with Medical and Hospital Leadership to facilitate programmatic growth. Pursues research opportunities and engages in medical education.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Delivers efficient, culturally sensitive, cost effective, high quality medical care in the Sports medicine clinic. Understand and work to meet and exceed the needs of patients and community partners, specifically thrive in providing the best care possible to the pediatric/adolescent athlete.
• Evaluates patients and determines need for treatment, follow-up care, rehabilitation or surgical services.
• Conducts functional assessment, determines exercise tolerance and writes appropriate prescription for the patient.
• Communicates, as appropriate, with patient’s primary care provider and other medical personnel to ensure coordination and continuity of medical care.
• Participates in activities and community events to promote healthy sports activities.
• Participates in multi-disciplinary patient care conferences, as needed.
• Educates and is a resource for information regarding the care of the patient.
• Actively engages and pursues research opportunities to further the field of sports medicine.
• Actively engages in training of Primary Care Sports Medicine fellows, pediatric residents, medical students, etc.
• Educate physicians, house staff, physician assistants, nurses and ancillary staff.
• Educate the community (parents, coaches, athletes, etc.) regarding sports medicine topics.
• Establish and maintain community relations and provide educational programs/resources for coaches and community members
• Facilitate program development through creation of educational materials, community education, etc.
• Sideline coverage as needed.
• Mass participation event coordination of medical care and supply provision.
Education, Certification and Licensure
Graduate of Accredited Sports Medicine or ECFMG certification.
Primary Care Physician: Board-certified in Pediatrics, Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
Fellowship trained with Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine.
Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of California.
Current BLS and/or PALS certification.
Experience with musculoskeletal ultrasound.
This position includes an approved faculty appointment in the Department of Orthopaedics at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. USC and CHLA are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
The Sports Medicine Program at the nationally ranked Children’s Orthopaedic Center is the only one of its kind in the Greater Los Angeles area. We help all ages and types of athletes with injury recovery and prevention. We also help athletes improve performance.