AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth is a national leader in quality, safety, and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AdventHealth Medical Group Colorectal Surgery
Lead Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN or Physician Assistant, PA
Full-time Outpatient opportunity located at AdventHealth Orlando
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Works in conjunction with provider scheduler to formulate staffing schedules/leave requests
• Manages and coordinates APP programs and activities
• Participates in development of organizational business plans, policies and procedures
• Participates in recruitment of and hiring of APPs
• Works jointly with med staff, providers, and administration to organize APP specific CEU’s
• Disseminates articles, seminar information or exam related information to APPs
• Provides feedback for annual evaluations
• Participates in process and continuous improvement projects
• Serves as liaison between APPs with nursing, physicians, and administration
• Embodies teaching and mentoring role for APPs and students
• Performing health assessments including patient history and physical examination
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log.
• Conditions treated include but are not limited to: Anal Abscess/Fistula, Anal Cancer, Colon and Rectal Cancer, Lower GI bleeding, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticular Disease, Ostomy and Intestinal fistula care.
• Orders, interprets, and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
• Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
• Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Schedule Details: Monday – Friday
Required Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing
• Experience with inflammatory bowel disease and surgical care, wound, ostomy and EC fistula care (preferred)
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
Build Your Career In Florida at AdventHealth
AdventHealth (formerly Florida Hospital) is the largest hospital in Florida and the busiest hospital in the U.S. AdventHealth in the Central Florida area has 2,893 licensed beds on multiple campuses. With more than 21,000 staff members, AdventHealth cares for more than 130,000 inpatients, 615,000 outpatients and over 609,000 ER patients each year.
Physician, APRN, & PA Jobs in Florida at AdventHealth
Physician and Advanced Practice Provider (APP) job opportunities at AdventHealth are growing almost as quickly as our hospital campuses are expanding. You can advance your medical career, help serve the needs of patients, and live a Florida lifestyle in a major metropolitan area.
Our doctors and medical staff use the latest technology to practice state-of-the-art medicine. Now, we need YOU to help us extend this commitment to our community.
If you're a Physician or APP seeking to advance your career, contact us to ask about any of our available physician jobs or available APP jobs or sign up to receive physician and APP opportunity updates.
Mission and Vision
The Mission of AdventHealth is to extend the healing ministry of Chr...ist.
We are committed to our service standards, which call on us to treat our patients as we would a member of our own family. These standards are:
Keep Me Safe: We prioritize patient safety, including protecting patient confidentiality.
Love Me: We treat others with uncommon compassion, fairness and respect.
Make It Easy: We look for opportunities to assist others and collaborate to find solutions.
Own It: We are positive, aim to exceed expectations, and follow through on commitments.