AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Palliative Care - Inpatient Opportunity – APRN or PA
Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Serving AdventHealth Orlando
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations and medical management of palliative care patients in the hospital setting including new consultations, admissions, follow up and discharging of patients per hospital protocol
• Primary hospital covered is the Orlando campus but could cover our other Central Florida campuses on an occasional basis.
• Provide symptom management for patients including pain, constipation, nausea, vomiting, dyspnea, delirium, anxiety and depression
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician and social workers as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Desire to learn and improve skillset • Strong communication skills
• Ability to reflect on one’s own strengths and weaknesses
• Motivated to grow as a provider • Ability to handle elevated emotions and dying patients
• Comfort with a fast-growing department
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Benefits
• Extremely low-cost health care premiums
• Relocation Assistance
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
• 1 -2 years Inpatient Internal Medicine and/or Oncology experience is required
Required Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC, AANP (or equivalent) or NCCPA Certification
• Current BLS and ACLS required
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
As health care continues to evolve, we are looking for Advanced Practice Providers who wish to grow with us both personally and professionally. We hope you will see that you belong with AdventHealth (formerly Florida Hospital) in the same way that hundreds of other Advanced Practice Providers have in recent years. These APP's have helped continue to shape AdventHealth (formerly Florida Hospital) and AdventHealth (formerly Florida Hospital) Medical Group to what we are today, and they stay because they truly make a difference here.