6000! That's the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
We are looking for a collaborative and highly motivated PhD level scientist with experience in gene therapy to join our musculoskeletal research group (MSD). In this position, you will lead a cross-functional team and use your experience to design transformative therapies for patients with muscular dystrophies and other neuromuscular disorders. You will be leading an in vitro lab with 2 to 3 associates performing molecular biology experiments and implementing in vitro and ex vivo functional and phenotypic assays using healthy and patient-derived primary and iPS cells.
MSD is a highly dynamic and collaborative research department interfacing biology, genetics, gene therapy, bioengineering, emerging technology, and different modalities, with preclinical development and translational medicine.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking research project team lead in neuromuscular gene therapy, coordinating key aspects and contributing experimentally at all stages of the project
- Designing and developing innovative AAV-based gene therapies with collaboration partners
- Development and implementation of disease-relevant cellular systems with phenotypical and functional readouts using healthy and patient primary and iPS cells.
- Training, developing and mentoring associates
- Self-motivated, highly collaborative and passion to working in interdisciplinary environment