Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Sr. Released Product Engineer is responsible for a wide variety of engineering work in support of medical devices including designchanges, process/quality improvements and compliance issues.Coordinates and conducts technical studies which will lead to improvedproducts & processes under specific marketing, cost, time, and regulatory constraints for existing products adhering to safety/ergonomic andqualitycontrolstandards.Supportsandconductsrootcauseanalysis,verificationandvalidationstudies,technologytransferactivities,process characterizationstudiesandgaugeR&Rstudiesforexistingproducts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
§Project facilitation and/or team member engagement; oversee design control, risk management and regulatory requirements relatedto sustainment of new or existing products and services, including (but not limited to) line extensions, design changes andprocess/product/qualityimprovements.
§Ability to effectively interact within a team environment and with other departments such as Quality, Operations, Regulatory Affairs,Mfg.Engineering,CustomerService,Marketing,Sales,aswell asexternal customersandsuppliers.
§Sedentary work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to liftcarryetc.
§While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feelobjects;reach withhandsand arms;balance;stoop,kneel,orcrouch; talk or hear.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK