Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
tryker's Neurovascular division is focused on advancing the practice of less invasive stroke therapies through its Complete Stroke Care solutions. The business is dedicated to providing innovative stroke products and services for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke and committed to providing clinical education and support to help physicians deliver better patient outcomes. Products include: stent retrievers, detachable coils, stents, balloons, guidewires and microcatheters. In February 2019, Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) announced that for the ninth consecutive year has been named as one of the 2016 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking 11 out of 100. If you join our organization; will be working to "Make Stroke History". Stroke is devastating; 1 of 20 deaths is from a stroke, according to the CDC. Watch this video to see how Stryker is making a difference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JANFZrpt1Hg.
Who we want
* Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to design medical devices.
* User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing medical devices that help change patients' lives.
* Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
* Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Works on complex problems, applying advancing experience and learnings.
Demonstrates ownership and prioritizes work with minimal supervision.
Works as key member of the team, collaborating with others and solidifying relationships.
Demonstrate advanced understanding of customer needs and design inputs.
Demonstrate proficiency with product's intended use and clinical procedures.
Learn how the financial models are constructed.
Follow fundamental industry standards, design requirements and test strategies which apply to regulatory requirements.
Independently create or refine engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
Follow R&D procedure like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System.
Under minimal supervision, research, design, develop, modify, and verify components/modules for medical devices.
Translate design inputs to engineering specifications and produce sub-system level designs.
Develop and analyze solutions, prototyping one or more options to provide proof of concept.
Apply fundamental and some advanced concepts, practices and procedures for problem solving.
What you need
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical or Masters in related discipline
2+ years of work experience
Working knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering practices and design principles
Technical ability to create engineering drawings and models, applying GD&T and CAE tools.
Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes to product design.
Ability to communicate basic plans and technical information to team members.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK