Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Develops and directs marketing programs for a significant product or product category. Compiles and evaluates research on the market's product requirements and identifies enhancements to current features and functionality. Establishes marketing strategies, including product direction, advertising, packaging, pricing, expense budgets, profit plans and future product development, to manage a product or product category's life cycle. Interfaces with engineers, designers, suppliers and customers to develop product requirements and specifications. Prepares and coordinates product introductions and updates.
This is a management position that contributes and achieves results through others. The role is responsible for managing subordinates in professional jobs or managing through subordinate managers / supervisors or is a leader of process that achieves results through others, whom are not direct reports. Job requires comprehensive understanding of the concepts and principles in their discipline. The requirement for a broader knowledge implies the need to understand other concepts and principles in context in order to resolve issues that have an impact beyond the area. The job has full management of a team, including management of people, defining roles and responsibilities, planning for the department's future needs and operations, counselling employees on performance and contributing to employee pay decisions or changes.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK