This is a benefits eligible one year appointment with the possibility of continuing contingent on funding and work performance.
This position assists in the management and coordination of research programs and projects for faculty from the Orthopaedic Surgery Department at Regions Hospital. This will be a University of Minnesota position that will be supporting research mainly occurring at Regions Hospital. This position is intended for an individual with an interest in clinical outcomes research, with an intension to develop a career in healthcare research, or a related field. This position will provide opportunity for development based on individual qualifications and desire for growth. This position is a temporary role with the possibility of continuation depending on funding. Below is a breakdown of this position’s major responsibilities, other duties may be assigned as needed.
Research Project Support – 60% of time
- Assist investigators in fulfilling needs of research protocols and remain on targeted timelines
- Screen, enroll, and recruit subjects as per current research protocols and ensure complete and accurate data collection. This includes regularly speaking to patients.
- Monitor progress of study participants including completing follow-up callbacks and coordinating clinic visit scheduling
- Prepare IRB applications, informed consent documents, and data collection forms as well as completing continuing review reports, regulatory reports, and sponsor reports in a timely manner.
- Assure compliance with all regulations and sponsor stipulations as necessary
- Maintain secure and up to date study files (electronic and paper) for department research projects
- Assist with preparation and submission of publications and presentations
- Support the patient reported outcomes program (enrollment, reports, process optimization)
Research Administration – 30% of time
- Support protocol development for research initiatives
- Maintain accurate list and status of research activities within area of responsibility
- Track and record metrics into databases, spreadsheets, and reporting mechanisms
- Timely coordination and distribution of research meeting minutes
- Miscellaneous administrative duties and assignments as requested
Other Responsibilities – 10% of time
- Assist with literature searches and reference databases
- Maintain timely and professional reports with research team, faculty investigators, and department
- Prepare presentations related to research projects and activities
- Correspond with sponsors and collaborators as applicable
- Protect patient confidentiality
- Comply with safety guidelines and safe work practices
- Facilitate and communicate information as necessary pertaining to research activities in the orthopaedic department
- Support special assignments and projects as requested
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
Healthcare and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
Disability and employer paid life insurance
Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
Student loan forgiveness opportunities
Opportunities for growth and promotion
Employee Assistance Program
For more information regarding benefits, click here.
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials
BA/BS or a combination of related education and work experience to equal four years
Desire/ability to gain medical/anatomical knowledge
High proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office programs: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
Organizational and prioritization skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Familiarity with IRB process and compliance rules pertaining to research, confidentiality, and HIPAA
High proficiency in written and oral English language skills
Prior experience in writing of scientific reports
Experience in a healthcare environment
Previous experience with clinical outcomes research and patient care
Internal Number: 339611
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.