The Tissue Recovery Specialist (TRS) has been released to talk as a Team Leader (TL) and performs all functions of a Tissue Recovery Technician (TRT). In addition, the TRS is trained to perform research and special tissue graft recoveries, and precepts other TRTs on tissue procedures, processes and all standard tissue graft recoveries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Familiar with anatomy and abnormal condition to the tissue to be recovered including common eye diseases/condition and their appearance via examination.
2. Collect supplies and instrument upon dispatch and pre-packs supplies when necessary.
3. Performs thorough physical examination of potential donors and documents donor documentation.
4. Verifies donor informed consents for any abnormal conditions relative to recoverable tissues.
6. Reviews donor medical records and ensures completion of all donor recovery chart documentation and labels.
7. Processes and ships donor blood specimens.
8. Arranges transport of musculoskeletal, skin, and cardiovascular tissues to the appropriate tissue processing agencies.
9. Performs post-procedure laboratory and surgical instrument cleaning and maintenance.
10. Is available to answer questions and acknowledge notifications relating to prior or upcoming cases, paperwork, etc. while off schedule.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent;
Two (2) years of surgical technician experience; or,
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Salary Information: annual bonuses and annual performance increases
Internal Number: 204
About Sharing Hope SC
Sharing Hope SC is the designated Organ Procurement Organization (OPO) for organ and tissue recovery services in South Carolina. We Are Sharing Hope SC actively provides organ and tissue donor services to 63 hospitals throughout the state. We Are Sharing Hope SC also helps support and educate families at an emotionally devastating time, so they can make well-informed decisions about organ and tissue donation.
Together, we inspire our community, offer hope and change lives through the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation.
Every individual embraces organ, eye and tissue donation to save and enhance lives.
Compassion, Accountability, Integrity, Excellence, Stewardship, Unity.