| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. The position is located in South St. Louis County. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or medical care in a variety of settings; works under physician oversight as required by state regulation, and functions within the scope of practice defined by the NP’s specialty certification, BJH medical by-laws, and, where it exists, the collaborative practice agreement. Local travel to satellite office will be necessary.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care to include obtaining patient history, performing patient assessment via observation, interview and examination; orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies; performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care; provides direct treatment and management of acute and chronic disease conditions; develops and implements patient-centered plan of care in collaboration with physicians, patients, consultants, nurses, ancillary care providers, and others as appropriate to the patient’s condition
- Manages health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources; may perform diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification and state regulations
- May bill for services covered by collaborative practice agreement
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources
- Monitors/ensures accuracy of patient medical records, maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with established clinic/hospital standards
- Provides management services for clinical research study projects; monitors participating subjects, including medication administration and family/patient education
- Works in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards
- Regularly participates in constant quality improvement and process improvement activities centered on the goal of providing exceptional, evidence-based patient care
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops
- Current MSN with emphasis in the Nurse Practitioner program
- APN licensure or ability to successfully obtain licensure within 3 months of date of hire
- Certain/additional certifications may be necessary based on area of specialty
- Basic Life Support certification
Holds current certification in patient care field and required specialty.
The hiring range for this position is $78,145 - $109,408 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Whether suffering from a sports injury, hip pain, back pain or any musculoskeletal condition, Washington University Orthopedics provides a full complement of comprehensive orthopedic services to meet the needs of every patient. Combining the best in both inpatient treatment and outpatient care and rehabilitation, the practice is nationally recognized for outstanding orthopedic care, innovative research and advanced professional training. It is ranked among the best orthopedic practices and holds the distinction of being listed on the Honor Roll by U.S. News & World Report. The practice is considered an innovator in both conservative orthopedic care and minimally invasive microsurgical techniques. Affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University Orthopedics has the unique ability to offer inpatient treatment for the most challenging cases within a top-tier academic medical center as well as outpatient surgery and care across the St. Louis region in Chesterfield, Town & Country, South County and the Central West End. The practice offers expertise in ten orthopedic subspecialties – foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, cancer, pediatric and adolescent orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatry), shoulder and elbow, spine (including scoliosis), sports medicine and fracture care/trauma. The orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing safe, compassionate and family-centered care for both simple and complex orthopedic conditions. Because of the skill and experience of the doctors and staff, it is the official medical provider for the St. Louis Blues hockey team, Washington University varsity athletics and several local school athletic teams. Washington University Orthopedics brings world-class care to patients from all ages and walks of life in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions:
This position required local travel and the ability to work some evening/Saturday shifts.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade S30.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.