| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. The position is located at the Center for Advanced Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Provider Support Specialist demonstrates knowledge in functionality across applications to support providers in their ongoing improvement in efficiency and utilization of our Electronic Health Record. Provider specialists support WUSM physicians and advanced practice providers with the goal of all users eventually achieving a proficient to expert status. As a liaison with the HIP team and the front end users, they also support identification and development of optimal Epic Ortho tools and processes. The Provider Support Specialist has the potential to meet with providers outside of normal working hours. Travel to satellite offices is required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates proficiency teaching within an Epic Module.
- Can assess providers clinical work flow and make recommendations on tools available in Epic Ortho to improve their efficiency. Assist providers to improve documentation to support billing thought training of SmartTools available in the system. Takes initiative to support providers that are in need of additional support.
- Supports providers with operational issues. Supports providers with IT related issues with other various systems; Clindesk, PAC system, LILA, and other hospital software.
- Available for rapid response to providers. Reports any other issues as needed to appropriate HIP and desktop support teams. Serves as a liaison between providers and HIP for areas identified that need further system configuration changes.
- Assist System Integration Coordinator with individual, group, and custom training for orientation, New Provider training, upgrades, optimizations, and other WUSM applications (MModal, CH Mobile) used in support of patient care.
- Serves as a backup in the absence of the System Integration Coordinator.
Registered Medical Assistant or Associate Degree in Healthcare Related field.
- Epic experience.
- Organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $34,944 - $44,553 annually.
Whether suffering from a sports injury, hip pain, back pain or any musculoskeletal condition, Washington University Orthopedics provides a full complement of comprehensive orthopedic services to meet the needs of every patient. Combining the best in both inpatient treatment and outpatient care and rehabilitation, the practice is nationally recognized for outstanding orthopedic care, innovative research and advanced professional training. It is ranked among the best orthopedic practices and holds the distinction of being listed on the Honor Roll by U.S. News & World Report. The practice is considered an innovator in both conservative orthopedic care and minimally invasive microsurgical techniques. Affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University Orthopedics has the unique ability to offer inpatient treatment for the most challenging cases within a top-tier academic medical center as well as outpatient surgery and care across the St. Louis region in Chesterfield, Town & Country, South County and the Central West End. The practice offers expertise in ten orthopedic subspecialties – foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, cancer, pediatric and adolescent orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatry), shoulder and elbow, spine (including scoliosis), sports medicine and fracture care/trauma. The orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing safe, compassionate and family-centered care for both simple and complex orthopedic conditions. Because of the skill and experience of the doctors and staff, it is the official medical provider for the St. Louis Blues hockey team, Washington University varsity athletics and several local school athletic teams. Washington University Orthopedics brings world-class care to patients from all ages and walks of life in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions:
Position supports physician practices and must be able to travel to off-site locations for meetings during non-business hours (6:30am, 5:00pm, etc), will need dependable transportation.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G07.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.