Associate Director, Health Economics and Market Access, DePuy Synthes US(Job Number:7464170419)
The Johnson and Johnson Medical Device (MD) Sector HEMA Center of Excellence (HEMA COE) is recruiting for an Associate Director, Health Economics and Market Access, DePuy Synthes US Business and can be based in West Chester- PA (preferred), Raynham- MA, Warsaw- IN, or can be home based.
The MD HEMA COE is being created to support all HEMA activities across all business units within the Johnson & Johnson Medical Device companies.
The Associate Director, Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) for DePuy Synthes US Business will work in close collaboration with partners in US Marketing to ensure a competitive advantage & market access in a value-based US healthcare market by developing and executing systematic strategies that integrate health economics, outcomes research, & market access solutions to enable the successful launch of Orthopedic medical devices in the US. This position will report to the Lead, Health Economics & Market Access for DePuy Synthes US Business.
The Associate Director, Health Economics & Market Access is a critical position within the Americas COE supporting the business objectives of the DePuy Synthes US Region with dedicated responsibility for all the Business Units and/or Platforms.
• This leader will work to ensure market access requirements are understood and built-in to the US launch plan with Value Propositions that reflect the needs of non-clinical stakeholders and the development and execution post launch with evidence of value and market access strategies that enable market access and commercial success.
• In addition to working closely with internal business partners, the Associate Director will be required to interact with key external stakeholders/customers in the US to support the Value Assessment Committee Process at key institutions; this may include presentations, sales training, and engagement with C-Suite leaders at the hospitals.
• The Associate Director will also work collaboratively with Global Orthopedics HEMA team to identify healthcare systems opportunities and potential barriers to access in the US for products in the pipeline.
• The Associate Director will lead the planning and execution of health economic and outcomes studies to support the businesses and direct the development and execution of US market access strategies in support of Business Unit and or Platform objectives.
• Research activities include but are not limited to burden of illness, retrospective database studies, creation of US economic models and value messaging, patient reported outcomes development and analysis, interpretation of economic, satisfaction and QOL endpoints and results.
• Market access activities include but are not limited to assessing US market access needs/trends and developing and executing required US market access strategies to optimize market access and commercial success. The Associate Director will be a member and contributor to various business unit teams and will provide functional expertise and leadership and actively contribute to the business as a whole.
The Associate Director, HEMA will be accountable for the development, management and tracking of HEMA G&Os and local budgets. The successful candidate will work closely with multiple cross functional partners, including US Marketing, US Sales, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, HCC, Regulatory Affairs, and Legal.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
• An advanced degree is required
• Degrees with a focus in a HEMA related discipline is preferred
• A minimum of 8 years experience in a highly regulated field is required
• A minimum of 4 years of commercial med device, pharma or consulting business is preferred
• Experience in a HEMA based role is required
• Deep Experience- Expertise & business acumen in medical devices is preferred
• HEMA experience in one or more areas critical to the medical device organization is preferred
• Knowledge of US reimbursement systems is preferred
• In depth understanding of and experience in Health Technology Assessment is preferred
• Experience of demonstrated project management and success is required
• Effective partnering and influencing skills with external leaders and stakeholders in healthcare is required
• This position may require up to 50% domestic travel, depending on the location of the role.
Primary Location: North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Organization: Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Job Function: Health Economics R&D