NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Revenue Integrity Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for reviewing and reconciling infusion, Interventional Radiology and Ultrasound charges related to the Center for Musculoskeletal Care (CMC). This person is responsible of assuring the accuracy of said charges related to clinical documentation and maximize revenue while maintaining compliance with Hospital, government and third-party payor guidelines for billing. Additionally, the Revenue Integrity Analyst is also responsible for performing other functions, such as collaborating with clinical and operational personnel, as well as Revenue Cycle Operations, as related to accurate charge capture and reconciliation.
- Become the subject matter expert on revenue cycle operations overseeing all aspects of the charge capture process for rheumatology injections, interventional radiology, ultrasound, and the Infusion Departments.
- Daily review of Infusion and drug administration charges to make sure they were entered correctly and timely.
- Reviews Medication Administration Record documented by nurses to ensure they support the charges posted. Reviews completed in timely basis and deficiencies reported to nurse management.
- Daily review of interventional radiology and ultrasound charges to make sure they were dropping correctly and timely. In addition, ensuring that the documentation supports the charge.
- Conduct detailed data analysis to identify trends, root causes and areas for improvement.
- Maintain a comprehensive charge selection manual for the Infusion department
- Provide training and ongoing feedback, via report cards, to clinical staff to minimize errors.
- Collaborate with Revenue Cycle Operations to resolve any billing discrepancies
- Continuous reviews of charge capture process to ensure compliance with Medicare guidelines.
- Work with various departments in maintaining a daily billing reconciliation report of productivity of Infusion treatments and charges. Ensures all necessary charges are reconciled on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- Minimum of three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in the use of productivity-based computer software (MS Office).
- Familiar with medical terminology and hospital medical billing guidelines.
Experience using Epic computer software
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.