NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Administrative Assistant (TP) within our NYULMC In House Temp Program.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative support (coordinates and maintains calendars, creates and maintains various reports and databases, prepares and processes travel and expense reports, arranges weekly conference calls, answers office phones, sorts mail, fax, process invoices, filing, etc.) and other related administrative duties for an organizational unit or a department. Exercises independent judgment in the resolution of administrative concerns and issues. May provide guidance to the work of support staff as needed.
- Administrative Support - Provides administrative support for an organizational unit or a department to maintain and improve the workflow level and efficiency. Conducts research and provides basic reports of finding and makes preliminary recommendations.
- Word Processing/Typing - Serves as unit expert or lead over other clerical positions; independently respond to and compose correspondence. Types and proofreads memos and reports. Maintains and disseminates committee minutes; develops documents for presentation or meeting.
- Reports - Gathers data and information from various sources, prepares reports based on information compiled, determines report format and elements needed, reviews for format, content structure based on knowledge of department specification, research problems, issues and concerns, responds to requests for information, summarizes, and data based on information compiled from various sources.
- Scheduling/Coordinating - Manages calendar, makes complex scheduling arrangements involving multiple parties and conferences under minimum direction. Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences, cancel meetings based on knowledge of the subject and attendees. Recognizes and identifies information that can be disseminated and to whom, assists with special events planning. May organize travel logistic arrangements and itineraries as needed.
- Filing/Mail Distribution - Develops filing systems, internal mailing processes and procedures.
- Reception/Public Contact - Provides back up support for reception as needed. Meets and greets clients, resolves non-routine situations based on established policies and procedures and refers non solved issues and questions to the appropriate party.
- Clerical Support - Performs general clerical duties (photocopy, fax, mails, and files, ect.) as needed. May order office supplies and organize department supply room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Associate's Degree in a related field with a minimum of three years' of related experience in an administrative support role or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Access. Ability to develop formulae for moderately sophisticated spreadsheets; set up routine computer procedures; resolve simple software/hardware problems. Ability to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to proofread documents and write clear, concise 1st draft. Ability to type at a speed of at least 50 net words per minute. Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail. Ability to exercise administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results.
Five years of responsible administrative experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.