NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a PD-Physician Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for provision, coordination, and assurance of comprehensive medical care using soundmedical knowledge and pertinent standards of care, performance of therapeutic, corrective, andprescriptive measures on the designated inpatient or outpatient population, assume delegatoryresponsibilities assigned by supervising physician privileged as Medical Staff of NYU Medical Center
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and cultural groups in all patient care.
- Acts as a professional role model to all levels of staff by incorporating expertise and related experience into all aspects of patient care.
- Educates patient and family to facilitate and promote healthy adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Practices within the scope of practice of supervising physician.
- Performs delegated clinical duties effectively and efficiently.
- Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and occupational therapy, and home health services per practice protocol.
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA authorization.
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities.Membership in professional specialty organizations desirable.
- Previously demonstrated ability to facilitate group processes and work cohesively andcollaboratively as member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, creative problem solvingand excellent critical thinking skills.
- Previous experience as a physician assistant or physician assistant fellowship experience ispreferred.
- At least 2 years of clinical rotation in various medical, surgical and other specialty areas.
- Coordinates implementation of clinical research studies or clinical trials, including patient screening, enrollment and data collection.
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position, particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance indicators established for the service.
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of research protocols when applicable.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the development and implementation of clinical studies within the area of expertise.
- Uses evidence-based health care literature to advise and support appropriate practice changes within the designated service.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality and performance improvement.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of peers and other health professionals.
- Maintains PA board certification.
- Maintains annual CME requirement for re-appointment and privileging.
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical role.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional physician assistant practice standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs etc.
- Facilitates patients throughput and efficient process during patients admission and discharge.
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital setting.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain timely and appropriate communication with family members, house staff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Participates in the development and revision of interdisciplinary and hospital standards, patient and family education materials as relevant to area of practice and expertise.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with family members.
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols, pathways, and other means.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, department and clinical service.
To qualify you must have a Licensure: Current New York State Physician Assistant LicenseEducation: Physician Assistant Bachelor's Degree (BA-PA)Certifications: NCCPA Board Certification ACLS, PALS, NRP Provider (Neonatal Resuscitation Program),NALS per delineation of privileges
Membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.