| Department Summary:|
The Setton Laboratory has an immediate need for an individual to work with multidisiplanary orthopaedic research group studying pathomechanisms and treatment strategies for spine and joint diseases. The individual will primarily be responsible for contributing to histological and electrophyisiological processing and analyses of tissues procured from patients, from pre-clinical models of disease, and from in vitro models of disease.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare equipment and reagents for processing, embedding microtome cutting and mounting of tissue, as well as cryostat sectioning; perform routine and special staining techniques
- Use transmitted light and confocal microscopes to capture images of tissue sections for data analysis.
- Obtrain and log specimens from the operating rooms and other areas as required, and label, file and maintain records of all tissue and fluid samples.
- Set up equipment, instruments, reagents, and apparatus for specific laboratory techniques
- Perform electrophysiology experiments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A minimum of one year prior research experience is helpful, and expertise in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
- Histological processing and sectioning
- Cell and tissue culture
- Immunochemistry including histological staining, immunoblotting and ELISA
This position requires a BA or BS degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or related field.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Biomedical Engineering. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The hiring range for this position is $12.00 - $15.35 per hour.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)