NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Medical Assistant (37.5).
In this role, the successful candidate The FGP Medical Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day clinical support and operations of the Airway Group in the Department of Otolaryngology. He/She will be responsible for assisting physicians, clinical care providers and nursing staff in providing patient care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- HIPAA Conform to all applicable HIPAA compliance and safety guidelines.
- Ensure service excellence by becoming familiar with the seven principles of behavior and putting them into practice in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Responsible for any other duties as stipulated by an Executive Leadership member of the Department, including but not limited to the Department Chairman or the Department Administrator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times with physicians, co-workers and patients.
- Assist in the training of new personnel.
- Work as a functional member of the Department. Attend staff meetings as requested.
- Assist patients and communicate with Physicians to obtain prescription renewals, as needed.
- Answer phones and assist staff in scheduling patient care needs.
- Clean and sterilize designated equipment after use, in compliance with all OSHA guidelines and regulations.
- Assist physicians with procedures, if needed.
- Assist patients with obtaining food, toileting, ambulating and maintaining comfort.
- Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
- Maintain exam room/treatment rooms with inventory of medical supplies, linen, and designated chart forms. Ensure exam rooms/treatment areas are cleaned after each patient leaves and prepared for the next patient. Assist with light housekeeping duties which includes spills.
- Ensure medical record is available, with relevant lab work and test report, if indicated, for physician when the physician sees the patient.
- Obtain vital signs, weights, and EKGs when needed. Assist with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Assist in escorting patients and specimens throughout the facility.
- High School Diploma
- Upon hire or entry into the position, must hold a current Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited institution
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.