8 West Med/Surg PCU - Nursing Unit Director (RN Required)
8 West is a 27 bed Medical/Surgical Progressive Care Unit. The focus of care is adult patients with a variety of medical and surgical disease diagnosis.
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of a department as they relate to goals and objectives. Organizes, manages and controls departmental functions and resources in a collaborative and participative manner for optimal performance of service. These include: throughput of unit, quality, patient experience, and employee engagement.
- Coordinates resources to provide adequate staffing for department. Demonstrates effective team building and leadership skills. Establishes day-to-day priorities and directs staff task assignments. Facilitates teams in problem solving processes.
- Monitors and evaluates patient experience with services Implements programs to continuously enhance patient experience within the service in conjunction with senior service line management
- Facilitates professional growth and development including the provision or inservice education and an effective performance appraisal process
- Responsible for implementation and monitoring of department budget and monitoring of expenses.
- Responsible for supporting facility and organization mission, goals and scorecard objectives.
- Creates a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with standards and which is respectful of patient's rights. Monitors and evaluates quality, appropriateness and safety of the care provided by the department. Implements nursing and/or organization's solutions for quality or patient safety areas.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable regulatory, licensure and accrediting standards where applicable (The Joint Commission, CLIA, COLA, OSHA, AAAHC, etc).
Minimum Qualifications Required
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing. Bachelor's degree required. If the area(s) of responsibility employ and have responsibility for supervising RNs, a nursing degree at the minimum of the BSN level is required for Magnet compliance.
Experience: 3-5 years supervisory experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.AHA BLS-HCP required. May be required to obtain/maintain BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP based on specific work unit. Licensure and/or certification in medical or management related discipline preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, team leadership, priority setting and work competency skills. Promotes a respectful, inclusive culture of service excellence.
Interested candidates may email, call or text for immediate interview: Emily Allen, (540) 983-4147 or (540) 400-2778 (for text) or email@example.com.
About Carilion Clinic:
Located in America's most livable communities, Carilion Clinic includes small and large award-winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Service Excellence and Quality are hallmarks of Carilion Clinic. As a team member, you will be expected to consistently deliver the best in care and customer service. As an employee, you will demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with our patients, families, visitors and with each other.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.