| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for providing efficient and accurate eligibility verification functions as required by Insurance Carriers. This will entail use of electronic web based products along with direct interview, communication and interaction with Insurance Payors, patients, departmental offices, employers, co-workers and third party contacts. Excellent customer service background and skills required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize available resources to assign correct insurance (FSC) and verify insurance eligibility/enrollment as well as placing appropriate notes in data fields:
- From calls to third-party payers and/or employers
- From web-based and other electronic verification resources.
- Enter registration-related data received from a variety of sources.
- Communicates with Insurance Payors, patients, physicians and their staff to obtain needed information and notification of non-approval situations. Obtain specialist referrals.
- As assigned, participate in projects and functions to expedite verification process and assure high-quality documentation in the system.
High school diploma with 3 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- Possess a thorough and demonstrated understanding of patient financial services and registration – with a particular focus on insurance.
- Possess a commitment to consistent service quality.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated communication skills in a service-oriented environment to assure effective interaction with patients and other customers.
- Capable of consistently achieving and maintaining production levels at standards established by management.
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 - $18.31 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Whether suffering from a sports injury, hip pain, back pain or any musculoskeletal condition, Washington University Orthopedics provides a full complement of comprehensive orthopedic services to meet the needs of every patient. Combining the best in both inpatient treatment and outpatient care and rehabilitation, the practice is nationally recognized for outstanding orthopedic care, innovative research and advanced professional training. It is ranked among the best orthopedic practices and holds the distinction of being listed on the Honor Roll by U.S. News & World Report. The practice is considered an innovator in both conservative orthopedic care and minimally invasive microsurgical techniques. Affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University Orthopedics has the unique ability to offer inpatient treatment for the most challenging cases within a top-tier academic medical center as well as outpatient surgery and care across the St. Louis region in Chesterfield, Town & Country, South County and the Central West End. The practice offers expertise in ten orthopedic subspecialties – foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, cancer, pediatric and adolescent orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatry), shoulder and elbow, spine (including scoliosis), sports medicine and fracture care/trauma. The orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing safe, compassionate and family-centered care for both simple and complex orthopedic conditions. Because of the skill and experience of the doctors and staff, it is the official medical provider for the St. Louis Blues hockey team, Washington University varsity athletics and several local school athletic teams. Washington University Orthopedics brings world-class care to patients from all ages and walks of life in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Applicant Special Instructions:
This position will train and be housed temporarily at the Bank Of America until 9/1/17, then the position will move to West County Location.