NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate provides and integrates clinical leadership and management of a designated unit of patient care on a twenty four hour basis, consistent with the philosophy and goals of the institution, Departments of Nursing, and clinical service; develops and sustains an environment of excellence in patient / family service, growth and development of staff, and application of evidenced-based practice.
- Ensures a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to achieve optimal patient care outcomes and to further the goals of the institution.
- Coordinates care delivery and assignment of staff based upon identified patient care needs and clinical competency for optimal unit operation and patient outcomes.
- Identifies and addresses learning needs of all staff members.
- Encourages professional development of RNs along the clinical ladder.
- Creates unit milieu supportive of the education and development of the nursing staff and other health care providers.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of education and development activities in achieving desired patient and staff outcomes.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical and managerial roles.
- Serves as a support and resource for the education of health professionals
- Establishes and maintains a unit-based quality and performance improvement program consistent with the service and departmental program and organizational goals.
- Develops and implements action plans in response to internal and external benchmarking data, problems, findings, issues, incidents and complaints.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and Partnering for Quality improvement programs and cultivates environment that promotes patient/family, physician and staff satisfaction and excellent clinical patient outcomes.
- Participates in and fosters staff involvement in nursing research / evidence based practice efforts.
- Maintains awareness of research protocols applicable to the patient population served, assures staff awareness and knowledge of such protocols, protects rights of patients, and participates in assessment / evaluation of outcomes.
- Provides leadership for the unit, serving as a role model and resource for unit or service-level leadership staff.
- Facilitates an environment conducive to creativity in practice, shared decision making and collaboration with all members of the health care team;
- Provides a suitable plan for optimal utilization of resources for safe, competent, and effective patient centered care delivery
- Assures compliance with standards and regulations promulgated by all applicable agencies.
- Identifies, investigates and proactively responds to potential and actual risk management issues per standards and institutional policies.
- Manages the unit budget with consideration to appropriate staffing, skill mix, patient outcomes, safety and cost efficient use of resources.
- Interviews, hires, develops, guides, counsels, and disciplines nursing staff consistent with principles of a caring, fair, and professional work environment.
- Promotes patient, physician and other consumer satisfaction by facilitating excellent customer service by all members of the health care team.
- Collects, analyzes and uses data to drive practice changes that integrate quality, safety, patient experience, and productivity metrics for excellent patient and nursing outcomes.
- Promotes satisfaction of internal and external customers through effective communications.
- Effectively interacts with family and patients and resolves concerns related to the delivery of healthcare services.
- Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York;Education
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required
- At least three years of clinical practice in the care of the patient population served
- Ability to apply nursing process toward achievement of specific outcomes in an organized fashion which addresses patient/family satisfaction
- Progressive leadership; demonstrated in a leadership position or demonstrates the potential for leadership competency
- Demonstrates ability to develop, guide, motivate, nurture, and coach others
- Participation in service or departmental committees
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and creative problem solving
- Membership in pertinent professional organizations
- Certification in relevant practice area preferred
- Master's Degree in Nursing or health-related area preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.