NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Data Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate The NYU Langone Comprehensive Obesity Initiative is a new, institution-wide effort to better understand, treat and manage obesity at the population and clinical levels. The Initiative unites cutting-edge population health, clinical, and basic science research through a uniquely comprehensive electronic data source -- a multi-disciplinary DataBridge. This rich resource will enable investigators to address long-standing questions from completely new perspectives, using cutting-edge machine learning and other big data techniques. Key insights will be translated into real, evidence-based obesity prevention, treatment, and management solutions.This position helps to build and test a large, comprehensive repository for integration of diverse data pertaining to obesity (basic, clinical, and population sciences). Contributes to the creation of a user-friendly infrastructure that integrates and makes usable diverse and disparate data, and provides foundations for integration of advanced machine learning methods. Conducts wide-ranging analyses on these data, interprets and presents outcomes.
- Cultivate deep familiarity with methodological approaches and data from diverse sources including big data platforms, large administrative databases, small-scale survey data, clinical and basic science, and others, and work to construct a database integrating them together.
- Build and test large, comprehensive repository for integration of diverse data (basic, clinical, and population sciences).
- Continually manage ongoing additions to database. Import and clean raw datasets and create analytic datasets. Develop, manage, and improve databases to track provenance and versioning.
- Advanced programming
- Conduct comprehensive statistical analyses according to the study design (e.g., cross-sectional, time series, difference-in-difference, machine learning) and prepare sophisticated reports, charts and tables. Accurately and appropriately interpret and communicate results
- Monitor, evaluate, and improve data quality. Detect and address issues in data, analytic results, and databases.
- Suggest innovative solutions to data questions
- Develop programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data. Clearly communicate processes used and results achieved, and suggest new and alternative approaches.
- Participate in data-driven decision making with investigators
- Conduct relevant literature reviews to inform cohort selection, variable definitions, and analytic methods
- Assist in writing and editing manuscripts for publication.
To qualify you must have a 1. Masters in Data Science or equivalent combination of education and experience2. 5-6 years experience in database construction. We are open to considering advanced and early-career data scientists.3. Familiarity with major machine learning models and data mining techniques.4. Able to write code well in Python, R, or C++. Prior extensive experience with Python.5. Experience with SQL database design and operations. 6. Passion about being part of a team that solves big problems in health care.
1. Familiarity with electronic health record databases.2. Familiarity with data driven modeling is a plus (including gathering and cleaning data, exploratory analysis, implementing models, error analysis, and presenting the findings)3. Comfortable with interfacing between database and python-pandas or other packages.4. Experience with a few machine learning open-source packages (such as sklearn)5. Excellent communication skills
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.