NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Research Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate Experienced microinjection specialist in to work in the Rodent Genetic Engineering Core (RGEC) to generate genetically modified mice via pronuclear microinjection of DNA solutions and CRISPR/Cas9 systems, and perform all the daily processes necessary for the generation of transgenic mice.
- Participates and performs other laboratory related duties as required. Responsible for performing advanced lab duties, under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision.
- Ability to multitask, manages multiple projects, communicates results and organizes daily duties. Maintains and updates technical knowledge.
- Communication/Relationship with Others - Ability to work as part of a team, and work collaboratively to deliver transgenic mice in an efficient manner. Cooperates, communicates and relates well to all levels of Medical Center. Listens carefully to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions or obtain needed information. Maintains the confidentiality of all research information.
- Judgment/Decision-Making Experienced at troubleshooting procedures, protocols; Seeks guidance as necessary for the performance of duties asks appropriate questions when in doubt and utilizes reference sources/materials to endure accuracy. Advises Director of situations/problems requiring intervention or follow-up attention.
- Tail cutting and weaning of potential transgenic mice; Perform ES karyotyping, ES cell derivation, cryopreservation of sperm and embryos, in vitro fertilization IVF) and rederivation of cell lines
- Perform iPS-cell mice by tetraploid blastocyst injection, the generation of transgenic and KO mice by pronuclear injection of DNA constructs and by CRISPR/Cas9 microinjection;cytoplasmic or double microinjections of CRISPR/Cas9 system into mouse embryo
- Perform gene targeting in mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells, generation of ES cell-chimeras via blastocyst injection, production of fully ES cell-derived mice (ES-mice), including superovulation of female mice and embryo collection; perform surgical embryos transfer of surviving into recipient females and animal care as required; Purification of DNA according to RGEC SOP; pronuclear microinjections of DNA solutions (Plasmid and BAC constructs) into mouse embryo
To qualify you must have a Bachelors of Science degree in animal science, biological sciences, reproductive biology, or related field, with 3-6 years microinjection experience. Applicants must have a demonstrated track record in all aspects of transgenic mice production via DNA pronuclear injection.
Must have a demonstrated track record in all aspects of transgenic mice production via DNA pronuclear injection. 3 years microinjection experience preferred; ability to troubleshoot
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.