The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Food Service Worker in the Food & Nutrition Department. To qualify a High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred. Ability to speak, read, and writes English. Must be able to understand and carry out simple oral and written instructions. Minimum six (6) months on a tray assembly line or related experience preferred.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring patients receive appropriate nourishments, trays and food selections under the direction of the supervisor-patient services. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Consults with Clinical Dietitian and Supervisor regarding each patient's dietary needs and change in patient status
- Attends training classes as directedParticipates actively in all training programs including in-services and meetings.Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of materials and instruction given. Identifies and actively pursues a planned program for educational growth through OD&L classes , reading journals, etc.
- Assures daily delivery of patient nourishmentsMaintains work area in a neat and orderly manner. Delivers appropriate patient supplements/snacks to patients' rooms as scheduled.Checks the temperature of tray line refrigerators daily and informs supervisor of any problems.Assures refrigerator is clean and contents are properly dated and marked for freshness (based on date dot system), or discarded.Always notify supervisor of any problem with the refrigeration unit.
- Visits assigned patients on a daily basis and assists with menusReviews patient menus to ensure adherence to prescribed diets and nutritional care plans. Modifies menus in accordance with changes in diet orders. Insures that patient menus contain all the necessary information: name, room number, and diet orders.Insures that patient's food allergies, and intolerance are taken care of and noted.
- Updates and corrects patient menus on a timely basisReviews patient menus to ensure adherence to prescribed diets and nutritional care plans. Modifies menus in accordance with changes in diet orders. Insures that patient menus contain all the necessary information: name, room number, and diet orders.Insures that patient's food allergies, and intolerance are taken care of and noted.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.