| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. The position is located at Center for Advance Medicine South County. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides clinical office support to ensure patient satisfaction under general supervision, including scheduling appointments, greeting patients, performing registration, including insurance information, and check in/out functions. Verifies insurance benefits, makes bank deposits, and collects co-pays and outstanding balances. Performs clerical duties including scheduling meetings, preparing correspondences, faxing, mailing, data entry, filing, and ordering supplies. Primary duties will be in the Workers' Compensation office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will work Mon-Fri in the Worker's Compensation office.
- Schedule Workers" Compensation patient appointments either by phone, in the office.
- Attends in-services, marketing meetings, and staff meetings.
- Schedules meetings, prepares correspondences, faxing, mailing, data entry, filing and ordering supplies.
- Assists Workers’ Compensation Coordinator in registering new Workers’ Compensation patients ensuring that the registration is complete and accurate.
- Works with carrier, adjustor, or case manager to obtain authorization for appointments and procedures and communicates this in a timely manner to providers and staff.
- Releases medical records to parties who are legally entitled to this information and ensures it is done in a timely and secure manner.
- Participate in Workers’ Compensation learning process becoming familiar with Workers’ Compensation terminology, processes, and MO and IL regulations.
- Assist Workers’ Compensation Coordinator in entering new Workers’ Compensation patients and their information on spread sheet.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma with 3 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organization, communication and computing skills.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and referral procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working knowledge of insurance and financial options.
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 - $18.31 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Whether suffering from a sports injury, hip pain, back pain or any musculoskeletal condition, Washington University Orthopedics provides a full complement of comprehensive orthopedic services to meet the needs of every patient. Combining the best in both inpatient treatment and outpatient care and rehabilitation, the practice is nationally recognized for outstanding orthopedic care, innovative research and advanced professional training. It is ranked among the best orthopedic practices and holds the distinction of being listed on the Honor Roll by U.S. News & World Report. The practice is considered an innovator in both conservative orthopedic care and minimally invasive microsurgical techniques. Affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University Orthopedics has the unique ability to offer inpatient treatment for the most challenging cases within a top-tier academic medical center as well as outpatient surgery and care across the St. Louis region in Chesterfield, Town & Country, South County and the Central West End. The practice offers expertise in ten orthopedic subspecialties – foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, cancer, pediatric and adolescent orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatry), shoulder and elbow, spine (including scoliosis), sports medicine and fracture care/trauma. The orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing safe, compassionate and family-centered care for both simple and complex orthopedic conditions. Because of the skill and experience of the doctors and staff, it is the official medical provider for the St. Louis Blues hockey team, Washington University varsity athletics and several local school athletic teams. Washington University Orthopedics brings world-class care to patients from all ages and walks of life in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.