| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides direct patient care and education for patients receiving treatments, examinations, surgeries, etc., in medical office according to established procedures. Some local travel to satellite office will be necessary.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating a plan of patient care
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patients/family regarding disease process and symptom management
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with members of the health care team, adjusting nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes
- Assists the health care provider with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to direct patient care
- Maintains required skills and competencies and participates in educational programs, staff meetings, and in services such as CPR as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification
- 1 year of related medical experience
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions and ability to function in new and emergent situations
The hiring range for this position is $47,486 - $66,352 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Whether suffering from a sports injury, hip pain, back pain or any musculoskeletal condition, Washington University Orthopedics provides a full complement of comprehensive orthopedic services to meet the needs of every patient. Combining the best in both inpatient treatment and outpatient care and rehabilitation, the practice is nationally recognized for outstanding orthopedic care, innovative research and advanced professional training. It is ranked among the best orthopedic practices and holds the distinction of being listed on the Honor Roll by U.S. News & World Report. The practice is considered an innovator in both conservative orthopedic care and minimally invasive microsurgical techniques. Affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University Orthopedics has the unique ability to offer inpatient treatment for the most challenging cases within a top-tier academic medical center as well as outpatient surgery and care across the St. Louis region in Chesterfield, Town & Country, South County and the Central West End. The practice offers expertise in ten orthopedic subspecialties – foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, cancer, pediatric and adolescent orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatry), shoulder and elbow, spine (including scoliosis), sports medicine and fracture care/trauma. The orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing safe, compassionate and family-centered care for both simple and complex orthopedic conditions. Because of the skill and experience of the doctors and staff, it is the official medical provider for the St. Louis Blues hockey team, Washington University varsity athletics and several local school athletic teams. Washington University Orthopedics brings world-class care to patients from all ages and walks of life in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade S25.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.