The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Physical Therapist in the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries. To qualify a Masters Degree or higher in Physical Therapy and valid New York State Physical Therapy License or registration is required. Doctorate Degree is preferred. The ability to lift, push, pull, or move patients and equipment in excess of 150 lbs. with or without the use of assistive devices required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for evaluating physical therapy needs and implementing comprehensive, medically prescribed physical therapy treatment to assigned patients in a supervised program of rehabilitation. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age(s) of the patients served.
- Identify patient needs as part of the physical therapy treatment program.
- Participate in training and monitoring the performance of physical therapy students during their clinical rotation.
- Maintain all equipment used during treatments.
- Participate in in-service programs, conferences, and consultations.
- Develop follow-up home care programs for patients, when deemed necessary
- Document all treatments rendered and maintains appropriate work records.
- Implement a physical therapy plan for each patient assigned independently.
- Monitor and assess the patients status in order to plan a course of treatment correctly.
- Review medical, social, and psychological information and interprets medical/physical therapy referral correctly.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.