| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery . This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position coordinates office functions, programs and schedules, provides administrative services, and performs specialized/technical duties for the Clinical operations team with minimum supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates staff services, interoffice activities, schedules, programs, and related administrative needs.
- Administers/prepares reports, minutes, correspondence, lectures and administrative materials required for the direction of the department.
- Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives including regulatory records for license, reports, and notifications as necessary.
- Evaluates and recommends purchasing sources. Assists with telephone problems, works with vendors to establish and verify terms and agreements.
- Maintains all department keys, locks and mailboxes. Coordinates ordering and distribution of supplies and handles problems concerning material received.
- Monitors the general maintenance of the building, notifies maintenance of problems, places work orders, and follows-up with housekeeping on the completion of tasks.
- Develop budget reports, implements financial monitors, cost transfers, and payroll/purchasing processing.
- Assists with visitors and customers questions and needs.
- Assists with payroll processing and other clerical functions when needed.
- Equivalent of Associate’s degree with 2-4 years experience in administrative support. Experience in university/medical environment preferred.
- Communication skills that require dealing with a diverse population, exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment.
- Experience in university/medical environment preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $18.08 - $23.06 per hour.
Whether suffering from a sports injury, hip pain, back pain or any musculoskeletal condition, Washington University Orthopedics provides a full complement of comprehensive orthopedic services to meet the needs of every patient. Combining the best in both inpatient treatment and outpatient care and rehabilitation, the practice is nationally recognized for outstanding orthopedic care, innovative research and advanced professional training. It is ranked among the best orthopedic practices and holds the distinction of being listed on the Honor Roll by U.S. News & World Report. The practice is considered an innovator in both conservative orthopedic care and minimally invasive microsurgical techniques. Affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University Orthopedics has the unique ability to offer inpatient treatment for the most challenging cases within a top-tier academic medical center as well as outpatient surgery and care across the St. Louis region in Chesterfield, Town & Country, South County and the Central West End. The practice offers expertise in ten orthopedic subspecialties – foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, cancer, pediatric and adolescent orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatry), shoulder and elbow, spine (including scoliosis), sports medicine and fracture care/trauma. The orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing safe, compassionate and family-centered care for both simple and complex orthopedic conditions. Because of the skill and experience of the doctors and staff, it is the official medical provider for the St. Louis Blues hockey team, Washington University varsity athletics and several local school athletic teams. Washington University Orthopedics brings world-class care to patients from all ages and walks of life in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G08.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.