The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Administrative Supervisor in the Care Management Department. To qualify a Bachelors Degree in Business, Health Administration, or related field with a minimum of three(3) years of progressive supervisory experience in an academic medical center; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Accustaf, EPIC, and Kronos preferred. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising secretarial and care management assistant staff and clerical office staff to ensure the efficient operation of the department and as well as providing support services to the Directors of Care Management, and Assistant Directors of Care Management and Social Work. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Assigns responsibilities to support staff and monitors their work, clearly defining expected outcomes and time parameters to the employee. Defines expected outcomes and time of completion of task clearly to the employee. Allocates resources appropriately so that task can be accomplished in a timely manner. Distributes assignments equitably and allocates resources appropriately.
- Directly supervises the Care Manager Assistants workflow related to pre-admission referrals, concurrent authorizations and follow up when resources are difficult to access.
- Evaluates support staff performance and performs personnel related activities. Interviews prospective clerical and secretarial staff and makes recommendations for hiring. Offers guidance in a timely and appropriate manner to ensure good work performance. Approaches the performance review process constructively and conducts it in accordance with Human Resources and departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of departmental budgets, monitoring, analyzing, and reconciling funds bringing discrepancies to the Directors attention. Prepares variance reports as required. Prepares an annual budget in collaboration with Director.
- Oversees payroll, staff completion of time sheets and ensures accuracy of attendance records.
- Oversees the development of monthly staffing schedules including weekends and holidays. Ensures timely notification of weekend and holiday coverage to the nursing department and other hospital staff.
- Develops, plans and implements special projects as assigned. Collects and analyzes data for special projects as assigned and prepares information for written presentation. Maintains departmental files and resource materials
- Oversees staff responsible for maintaining and ordering equipment and supplies for the department, which includes equipment maintenance according to manufacturer specifications. Coordinates departmental inventory and equipment ordering and installations. Ensures equipment is maintained according to manufacturers specifications. Periodically evaluates condition, function and appropriateness of existing equipment and make recommendations for replacement as necessary. Evaluate practices and identifies areas of excessive material and/or costs. Ensures that departmental offices are maintained in an organized manner and that all equipment is functioning.
- Prepares reports and maintains departmental records. Reviews information received from care managers and social workers to ensure accuracy. Prepares monthly statistics for administrative reports and maintains policy and procedure manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.