Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our 20 bed Spine Center provides evidenced based spine focused care to both orthopaedic and neurosurgical operative and non-operative spine patients. We are focused on providing care to the spine patient through the entire continuum of care; from pre-hospitalization through post discharge.
- Come be an active member of our multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals while providing quality and safe patient care.
- Apply evidenced based care at the bedside and develop strong connections with all members of the team.
This successful individual supports delivery of patient care by providing clerical and receptionist services to patients, families, visitors, staff, physicians, departments that support patient care, and all other customers of a Patient Care Unit with regular guidance. Facilitates efficient workflow, supports appropriate use of technology, and fosters effective communication. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
- High school graduate or GED
- For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
- 1 year of receptionist experience or the equivalent.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US