NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager, Digital Fundraising.
Working with the Director, Annual and Alumni Giving, and with agency partners, this position oversees implementation of strategies and tactics in support of the annual and alumni giving programs for the following NYU entities: NYU Langone Medical Center and its Faculty & Friends program, NYU Lutheran and the NYU School of Medicine alumni. This includes development and implementation of tactics associated primarily with online giving, engagement and sustainers and coordination with the Associate Directors on acquisition, cultivation, sustainer, and mid-level programs for Annual Fund and Alumni Giving. This position also includes analysis of program performance and monitoring of trends and key program metrics.
- Using online fundraising techniques, works to achieve annual/alumni giving goals of: Expanding and diversifying the donor base. Generating a ground-swell of support at all levels with the potential to engage and motivate donors even at the principal gift level. Growing revenue through small gifts from a large base. Creating a pipeline of prospects for future large gifts. Identifying future trustees and institutional leaders.
- Oversees implementation of online fundraising, engagement and stewardship campaigns including email, SEM, Display, Social Media, Paid Leads, and Peer to Peer.
- Works closely with the Associate Director in cultivation and acquisition to identify integration opportunities, map an annual calendar of campaigns and define campaign key performance indicators.
- Prepares annual and multi-year income projections and expense budgets based on past performance, strategic planning, and industry trends.
- Provides the Senior Director of Annual and Alumni Giving with regular budget re-forecasts.
- Leverages online channels and mobile platforms while integrating with offline direct response fundraising to ensure optimum fundraising, stewardship and engagement and a consistent supporter experience.
- Participates in cross-departmental and cross-institution work teams to ensure cooperative planning, priority setting, and information sharing in order to meet digital fundraising objectives.
- Responsible for creative and segmentation for online giving emails, identifying audience and messaging variations, and coordinating with the offline team to ensure consistency of message across all channels.
- Works with internal and external vendors to create and track digital fundraising results.
- Plays a lead role in ensuring that the NYU Langone website is optimized to achieve fundraising goals.
- Stays up to date on trends in online communications and SEO/SEM and Identifies, recommends and implements new and innovative digital technologies in support of program goals.
- Directs, manages and effectively hires, trains, coaches, guides, motivates, develops, evaluates and monitors staff under the authority of this position.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant online regulations and laws; adherence to the highest standards of accountability to donors, ethical principles and standards for fundraising.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have 3+ years of progressively more responsible online fundraising strategy and execution experience supporting a multi-channel, multi-faceted annual and/or alumni giving program.
- Experience managing a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for acquiring, retaining, engaging, stewarding and upgrading charitable support online and across channels.
- A track record of success building a sustainer file using digital techniques and tools.
- Creativity, budget management, problem-solving and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff in a team environment.
- Proficiency using Convio (Luminate), Adobe Catalyst and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Excellent understanding of digital fundraising best practices.
- Experience in a healthcare institution or institution of higher education a plus.
- Experience building an annual/alumni giving program from the ground-up a plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.