NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Development Writer.
The Senior Development Writer in the NYU Langone Medical Center Office of Development will be responsible for working closely with the Donor Engagement and Communications (DEC) team in the development of communications creative assets across 2-3 Gift Officer portfolios. This individual will develop targeted creative editorial strategies and produce highly-compelling and persuasive copy for high-level fundraising needs, including but not limited to major and principal gift proposals, faculty presentations, event remarks, campaign materials and web copy.
- Crafts and edits major and principal gift proposals, presentations and reports, working with leadership to shape a powerful solicitation tailored to the target donor or prospect
- Leads efforts to develop a consistent structure for all development proposals and reports. Ensures a consistent look, feel and voice for the NYULMC development brand that is aligned with the NYULMC master brand
- Interviews and solicits info from a wide variety of experts as necessary, including but not limited to: clinicians, researchers, departmental leadership, grateful patients
- Synthesizes both complex medical/technical information and lengthy programmatic descriptions into coherent and accessible language that inspires
- Collaborates with DEC teams to provide creative, strategically sound solutions and helps identify gaps in terms of fundraising strategy prior to beginning the writing process and engage Gift Officers to close those gaps
- Drives innovation around donor engagement and experience including all types of communications e.g., social Ice Bucket Challenge to event Speed Dating for Prospects/Suspects
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Communications, English, Advertising, Marketing or other related field.
- 8-10 years of professional writing experience.
- Working within a non-profit, fundraising or creative environment such as an advertising agency or in-house agency is a plus.
- Experience in health & wellness or a passion for the space preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write prose that clearly accomplishes its objectives, and is motivating and inspiring.
- Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work across all channels.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent listening and conflict-management skills.
- Highly collaborative and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Possesses intellectual curiosity, energy and drive, kindness, integrity, and a sense of humor especially under stress.
- Adaptability and openness to criticism.
- Ability to work independently and in a matrixed environment.
- Computer literacy required, specifically knowledge of MS office, including outlook, word, PowerPoint and excel.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.