**This posting is for May 2017 graduates or earlier**
Carilion Clinic is home to extraordinary nurses providing extraordinary care. We are a community-based organization where sharp minds, caring hearts and advanced technology come together for one reason: each patient.
So if you're looking for an award-winning organization that truly values our employees, that's us. Our awards and recognition include Magnet designation, the Beacon Award, renowned nursing research, national rankings in U.S. News & World Report and being named as one of the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the country. In 2016, we became Great Place to Work-Certified for our workplace culture.
About the job: New Graduate Registered Nurse (RN)
- A degree from a School of Professional Nursing of an accredited college.
- A current Registered Nurse license in the State of Virginia or eligible to sit for the Virginia licensure exam.
- Must successfully complete orientation and competency requirements.
- The ability to obtain CPR certification, potential ACLS, PALS, NRP
- Computer skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
- Must be able to meet essential job functions.
The following areas may be available:
- Med/Surg (including PCU)
- Behavioral Health
- Cardiology (ICU/PCU)
- Vascular (ICU/PCU)
- Critical Care (ICU/PCU for surgical, neuro trauma, med/surg)
- Emergency Department
- OR, Procedural
- Resource Pool
- Physical Rehabilitation
Links to Our Hospitals:
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
- Carilion New River Valley Medical Center
- Carilion Tazewell Community Hospital
- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital
About Carilion Clinic:
Carilion Clinic is a system of seven hospitals and multi-specialty physician practices. We offer Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopaedics and Neurosciences, adult and pediatric behavioral health facility, home health and hospice, a prestigious B.S.N. program at our Jefferson College of Health Sciences and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute. We are headquartered in Roanoke, Va., in the heart of the picturesque and serene Blue Ridge Mountains.
As a Carilion nurse you will have nearly endless choices to find the care environment that best appeals to you--whether that's taking care of the sickest of the sick in our ICUs, treating a complex case in a trauma center or helping improve the health of chronically ill patients in a palliative care or community-based setting.
We pride ourselves on investing in our employees and the communities that we serve while growing our legacy that began over 100 years ago. As part of our team, our nurses enjoy:
Supportive leadership, interprofessional teams and an innovative learning environment
Shared decision making through supported professional practice model
Extensive nursing research funding and continued education support
A year-long nurse residency program for new graduates and nurses with less than one year of experience that focuses on leadership, quality outcomes and professional role.
College tuition assistance and scholarships
Professional certification support and recognition
Employment assistance for family and friends
Relocation benefits and other incentives
Employee discount program for tickets, amusement parks and restaurants
Interested candidates may call or text Emily Allen for assistance: Office (540) 983-4147 or cell (540) 400-2778.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Shift: Variable shifts & hours