NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Research Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for performing advanced lab duties, under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision. Assists senior and supervisory technicians in all advanced procedures. Works under general direction
- Lab Duties - Basic lab duties under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision. Assists with the ordering and tracking of laboratory supplies. Performs routine technical tasks, and assists in the general maintenance of the lab, such as prepare stock reagents and maintain inventory of the labs supplies. General techniques in biochemistry, molecular biology and cell culture. Participates in standard lab experiments. Coordinates the repair and preventative maintenance of lab equipment. Assist in experiments using established protocols and procedures, and records results of experiments. Performs all general and advanced procedures within the lab with minimal supervision. Assist in the planning of experiments as well as in the interpretation of results. Ability to instruct and provide guidance to junior level lab staff in analysis and interpretation of the results of experiments. May be required to take responsibility for all procedures in the absence of the Principal Investigator or Scientist.
- Assist in Developing Procedures - Assists in implementing new procedures and protocols to support experiments. Participates actively in developing, recommending and implementing new approved procedures, or modifications to existing protocols and procedures. Maintains and updates technical knowledge.
- Communication/Relationship with Others - Cooperates, communicates and relates well to all levels of Medical Center. Listens carefully to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions or obtain needed information. effective manner. Maintains the confidentiality of all research information.
- Judgment/Decision-Making - Is able to recognize problems as they occur; and through the application of appropriate policy/ procedure, determine and/or recommends the appropriate solution. Seeks guidance as necessary for the performance of duties asks appropriate questions when in doubt and utilizes reference sources/materials to endure accuracy. Advises appropriate personnel of situations/problems requiring intervention or follow-up attention.
- Participates and performs other related duties as required.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Life Sciences or a related field with three years of experience. Specialization in three or more laboratory procedures is required. A solid foundation in basic lab protocols as well as significant experience in areas such as procedures is essential and required. Possess the knowledge and experience in specific areas such as Biochemistry, Histology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, etc
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.