NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Financial Analyst.
This position provides financial support for the Real Estate Development + Facilities department, including but not limited to budgeting, invoice processing, status updates of purchase orders, financial analysis, reporting and research. The ideal candidate for this position must have a clear understanding of accounting and finance, procurement, accounts payable. Knowledge of the construction financial process is critical. Experience with private financing and/or state agencies is a huge plus. Must be able to communicate with senior staff and project managers; and at the same time, flexible enough to be extremely hands on with administrative tasks, including filing. Must be self-motivated, and excel at working independently and as a team player.
- Represent the Department in an appropriate and professional manner in all types of communications and settings; exhibit professional demeanor when dealing with managers, staff, colleagues or vendors; maintain professional attitude and composure in stressful or conflict situations.
- Follow-up on issues and open items without prompting. Be proactive in issuing necessary communications without prompting. Respond to emails and all requests timely. Ensure departmental deadlines are consistently met. Demonstrate good judgment when making decisions, understand the implications of such decisions/actions, and inform Supervisor timely.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly, initiate necessary communications without prompting from the Supervisor, to both internal and external colleagues in order to clarify issues, processes, etc. to facilitate smooth operations and ensure clarity around issues or processes. Keep supervisor and colleagues in the loop.
- Understands and follows instructions of Supervisor independently. Uses time effectively and is able to multi-task. Follow-up on tasks without reminders from Supervisor. Able to set priorities independently, but consult with supervisor when appropriate.
- Maintain updated data in FTS and alert supervisor to problems
- Work with the real estate group in the setup of new leases including vendor setup, processing of initial obligations and setup/documentation of the auto payment process. Alert supervisor to problems.
- Provide timely and concise customer service to vendors, internal departments and other divisions, in the review, processing, and provision of information related to the financial obligations.
- Reconcile and resolve rent statements and outstanding invoice statements on an ongoing basis so payments are made in a timely manner.
- Provide overall financial support for review/processing of lease related and administrative payables in a timely manner, including processing and status updates of purchase orders, financial analysis, invoice processing, etc.
- Must have a BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business and 5+ years financial experience in construction industry.
- Must have solid experience working with financial statements and general ledger, and proven ability to create concise reports based upon specifications requested by management.
- Demonstrate customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrate advanced excel proficiency and advanced database skills (i.e., Access).
- Demonstrate strong analytic and mathematical skills, financial analysis, reporting skills, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate accounts payable and overall basic accounting skills (i.e., journal entries, working with G/L, budgeting).
- Demonstrate Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint) proficiency.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.