| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides nursing care, under supervision, for assigned patients according to established standards and practices. Local travel to satellite offices will be necessary.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the assessment, monitoring, and termination of prescribed tests, and performs basic nursing care, including simple dressings and IV fluid maintenance.
- Observes, monitors, and responds appropriately to changes in patient treatments.
- Reviews patient data and communicates pertinent information to superior in a timely manner, charting entries appropriately.
- Conducts rounds on the assigned patients receiving treatment to ensure orders are executed and treatment parameters are followed when required.
- Administers medications as prescribed within state and facility guidelines and performs CPR when required.
- Participates in development, implementation, and evaluation of patient care plans with other members of the patient care team.
- Graduate of LPN program.
- Current LPN licensure in the state of Missouri or received within 3 months from date of hire; Basic Life Support certification.
- 1 year of related medical experience.
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions and assist in emergency or adverse situations.
The hiring range for this position is $16.58 - $20.72 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions:
This position requires local travel.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C07.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Whether suffering from a sports injury, hip pain, back pain or any musculoskeletal condition, Washington University Orthopedics provides a full complement of comprehensive orthopedic services to meet the needs of every patient. Combining the best in both inpatient treatment and outpatient care and rehabilitation, the practice is nationally recognized for outstanding orthopedic care, innovative research and advanced professional training. It is ranked among the best orthopedic practices and holds the distinction of being listed on the Honor Roll by U.S. News & World Report. The practice is considered an innovator in both conservative orthopedic care and minimally invasive microsurgical techniques. Affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University Orthopedics has the unique ability to offer inpatient treatment for the most challenging cases within a top-tier academic medical center as well as outpatient surgery and care across the St. Louis region in Chesterfield, Town & Country, South County and the Central West End. The practice offers expertise in ten orthopedic subspecialties – foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, cancer, pediatric and adolescent orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatry), shoulder and elbow, spine (including scoliosis), sports medicine and fracture care/trauma. The orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing safe, compassionate and family-centered care for both simple and complex orthopedic conditions. Because of the skill and experience of the doctors and staff, it is the official medical provider for the St. Louis Blues hockey team, Washington University varsity athletics and several local school athletic teams. Washington University Orthopedics brings world-class care to patients from all ages and walks of life in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.