NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is one of the nation's leading orthopedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopedic program in New York City. The hospital is consistently ranked among the leading orthopedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Pharmacotherapy Specialist in the Pharmacy Department. To qualify a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an ACPE accredited school of Pharmacy required. Valid New York State Pharmacist Licensure required. PGYI pharmacy residency training, PGY2 pharmacy residency training or equivalent salaried professorship at a school of pharmacy required. Board certification in Pharmacotherapy or other specialty is required within (18) months of hire. Self-motivation, good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required. The ability to work a flexible schedule, rotational shifts with variable weekends required.
In this role, the successful individual is responsible for developing and maintaining a high-level of practice in the areas of antimicrobial stewardship and internal medicine. Works under minimal supervision to troubleshoot challenges related to the delivery of patient care, clinical pharmacy program management, and staff supervision. The individual will be responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining clinical pharmacotherapy programs. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
1. To fulfill the core values and mission of NYU Langone Medical Center and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
2. Develop and maintain a high-level of clinical pharmacy practice. Participate in multidisciplinary, bedside rounds. Provide pharmacotherapeutic, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacoeconomic consultation. Medical response team, airway, stroke and acute coronary syndrome pager response. Patient admission histories. Transitions of care involvement. Patient and caregiver medication counseling. Participate in educational initiatives.
3. Provide oversight for quality assurance of clinical pharmacy programs to improve quality of care.
4. Contribute to the professional development of staff, including Pharmacists and Clinical Pharmacists.
5. Identifies and develops policies and procedures that optimize pharmacy operations while meeting accreditation standards and applicable regulations.
6. Evaluates and reports measures of patient encounter productivity and identifies methods to enhance efficiency of such encounters.
7. Develops and implements clinical practice guidelines that will enhance pharmaceutical care and medication safety.
8. Clinical intervention, adverse drug reaction, and medication error documentation and reporting.
9. Hospital committee involvement, as identified and assigned by the Director of Pharmacy.
10. Responsible for Pharmacy Resident preceptorship; Pharmacy student mentoring; and scholarly activity.
11. Identifies and provides expertise for Medication Use Evaluations.
12. Maintains professional competency and certification.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
NYU Langone Health, a world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals – Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center – plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.nyulangone.org.