Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at www.ncsu.edu/hr/job_applicants/reasons.
Department: 195001 - Dept of Clinical Sciences
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
The Department of Clinical Sciences at the NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking a clinical OR tenure track faculty member in the field of Orthopaedics at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor.
The individual in this position will be a contributing member of the Surgery Section, with duties within the Orthopaedic Surgery Service in the NC State Veterinary Hospital.
The incumbent will:
1) Provide high quality effective and efficient patient care for, but not necessarily limited to, dogs and cats. Clinical responsibilities will entail all the duties associated with case management (client and referral veterinarian communication, development of a diagnostic and treatment plan, interpretation of diagnostic findings, implementation of a treatment plan, development of a home care plan, and fiscally responsible case management).
2) Provide high quality clinical teaching for veterinary students and house officers, including house officers in other specialty services.
3) Select and mentor resident(s) in the ACVS-approved residency training program.
4) Assist with teaching selectives, electives, and core DVM course labs and didactic lectures to pre-clinical year DVM students, as requested.
5) Contribute to the advancement of knowledge in Veterinary Surgery, and/or Education.
6) Overall, the individual will be expected to be a positive and active member of the Department, the Surgery Section, and the Veterinary Hospital.
In addition to the aforementioned skills, candidates interested in a tenure track position must have a distinguished record in research, which includes the ability to write and develop proposals that will obtain extramural funding.
Requires doctor’s degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent professional experience
Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere.
Aptitude for and desire to teach and mentor veterinary students, house officers, and residents is required.
ACVS board certification is preferred. Additional training in clinical techniques and/or pedagogy is preferred.
Required license or certification:
Candidates must meet requirements for and maintain a veterinary license (or faculty certificate) in the State of North Carolina.
Position Number: 00001445
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148. Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
NC State University was founded with a purpose: to create economic, societal, and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina and the country. We began as a land-grant institution teaching the agricultural and mechanical arts. Today, we’re a preeminent research enterprise that excels in science, technology, engineering, math, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles, and v...eterinary medicine.NC State students, faculty, and staff take challenges in hand and work with industry, government, and nonprofit partners to solve them. Our 9,000 faculty and staff are world leaders in their fields, bridging the divides between academic disciplines and training high-caliber students to meet tomorrow’s challenges. Together, they forge powerful partnerships with government, industry, nonprofits, and academia to change our world for the better.NC State is leading efforts to curb nuclear proliferation, develop a smart electric grid, create self-powered health monitors, help farmers confront climate change, and build a new American manufacturing sector. Our award-winning Centennial Campus is home to more than 70 public and private partners — as well as the innovative Hunt Library, which Time magazine has dubbed “the library of the future.”More than 125 years after its creation, NC State continues to make its founding purpose a reality. Every day, our career-ready graduates and world-leading faculty make the fruits of learning and discovery available to people across the state, throughout the nation and around the world.